Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ministry Orientation

After Youth Camp, I began a time of orientation to full time ministry at FBC. I am fortunate to have been taken under wing by our pastor and introduced to many aspects of this position that I had not fully considered before. Much of it was just operational procedures related to the "education" element of the ministry, but some was about being a minister and all that it entails. I am blessed to have such and experienced friend helping me. I got settled in to a new office complete with a door plate that reads, "Minister of Education and Music." I still have a lot of things to move out and a lot of things to move in, but it is functional which is good because I have hit the ground running. Children's Camp was just around the corner as well as summer Teen College. I am most enjoying the fact that I can regularly spend time in the Bible without having to squeeze it into a lunch break or hectic workday. I took a cue from the pastor and come to church a half hour early to have my "quiet time." The thing that I have been most surprised with is the incredible amount of activity that goes on around a small town church during the day.
There is always something to take care of and I am enjoying the opportunity.

No comments: