Friday, May 23, 2008

Ben's Graduation


I went to my nephew Ben Tatman's graduation last night. It was exciting to see the ceremony and celebrate his accomplishments and bright future. I had forgotten the atmosphere of a large school since I have been teaching in small schools for so long. The principal was Darrin Powell who was actually a couple of years ahead of me in school when I went there. Some of the teacher's names in the program were still the same after 20 years. The band played the fight song and I was sure I could still play it from memory on my trumpet. I also got to visit a little with Marge Coleman who was the flag instructor when I was in marching band. I believe she had a granddaughter graduating. I hope that when Ben goes back to school after 20 years, he has the same good memories to look back on. What a great school and a great night. Good luck Ben

No comments: