Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bought Valve Oil Today

This does not seem like an exciting blog entry. However, it is. I bought valve oil today, not for myself, but for my daughter Allie. she started playing the trumpet in beginning band this week. I remembered when I started playing trumpet and looking back, it started me off on a course that would impact the rest of my life. Hardly anything I do today does not revolve around music. The study of music has taken me across the state and the country, introduced me to most of my friends and my wife, and has helped to fulfill a part of myself that nothing else could. Both of my daughters are learning instruments and they both have a lot of natural musical ability which I cannot take all the credit for since their mother is also an amazing musician. We are now officially a "band geek family" and proud of it!!

No comments: